The Greater Wasilla Chamber of Commerce is currently hiring for a Visitor Information Assistant!
If interested, send a resume and cover letter to contact @ wasillachamber.org
JOB TITLE: Visitor Information Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
WORK SCHEDULE/HOURS: Part-time temporary: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, 9 am to 3 pm. July to late September.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Chamber Visitor Information Center. The Visitor Information Assistant will perform visitor information center, light secretarial, and general office duties for the Executive Director.
- Provides courteous assistance, information, and referrals on an individual basis to visitors and guests as needed
- Assist in tracking visitor and relocation trends and reporting to Executive Director.
- Prepares and mails all relocation and visitor information requests on a weekly basis.
- May be tasked with correspondence relative to Chamber business
- Support GWCC Events as needed.
- Maintains and manages tourist information areas as well as information storage areas.
- Assist co-workers with maintaining a clean and organized office environment including restroom facilities, basement storage, etc.
- Assume direct responsibility for GWCC administrative functions as assigned by Executive Director.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Open communication skills with Executive Director & Co-Workers.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Self-motivated with the ability to define goals, roles & expectations as an individual and team as a whole.
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers, members, and Executive Director.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to handle confrontation in a professional manner.
- Ability to project a positive and professional image to the public.
- Minimum high school diploma required.
- Computer skill level: Basic.